Ignacio Lázaro Presents at INTA Roundtable in Russia
On November 10, 2016 Ignacio Lázaro, Deputy CEO of PETOŠEVIĆ Group, presented at the International Trademark Association’s (INTA) Policy Roundtable entitled “Protection of the Exclusive Right to Trademarks When Counterfeit Goods are Distributed on the Internet”, organized by Pepeliaev Group law firm in Moscow, Russia.
Ignacio Lázaro held a presentation entitled “Liability of Information Intermediaries in the EU”, discussing the brief history of Internet liability rules, the taxonomy of online intermediaries, EU regulations on online liability and recent EU case law.
Other speakers included Yuri Yahin and Valentina Orlova from Pepeliaev Group’s IP and Trademarks Practice, Nikita Kuznetsov from the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, Vladimir Volkov, In-House Lawyer at Reckitt Benckiser, and Dmitry Marchenko, Head of the Legal Department at Yandex.
For more information, please contact Ignacio Lázaro.
November 2016 News
- Russian Appellate Court Upholds LinkedIn Block in Russia for Personal Data Law Infringement
- Kyrgyzstan Simplifies Trade Name Registration Procedure
- Slovenia, Lithuania Move Closer to Ratification of UPC Agreement
- Russia Considers Trademark Opposition System
- Russia Drafting Amendments to Cease and Desist Letter Procedure
- Ukrainian Cyber Police Shut Down Movie Streaming Websites
- Hungarian Officials Seize 4,000 Bottles of Fake Perfume
- Fake Watches and Toys Destroyed in Bulgaria
- Ukrainian Officials Seize Fake Sneakers and Cell Phones
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Pencil Cases
- EC: Macedonia Moderately Prepared in IP Area