Ukraine to Introduce Automated System for Deposit of Copyright
A working group has been established at the State Intellectual Property Service of Ukraine (SIPS) whose task will be to introduce the automated system for the deposit of copyright and related rights.
At a recent meeting at the SIPS, the participants discussed the possibility of providing a copyright depositary and maintaining related records.
According to the Ukrainian laws, copyright protection arises by virtue of the creation of a work of art without any registration requirements. However, a copyright holder (author or person to whom the proprietary copyright is assigned) often needs to register the date on which the work was created to help protect his or her rights, so depositing is a good way to officially register the date of the work’s creation.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Website of a national news TV channel
June 2015 News
- Ukraine Amends Trademark Law Following Ban of Communist and Nazi Symbols
- Appellate Court of Tirana Confirms Braun’s Victory against Albanian Importer of Fake ‘Brown’ Epilators
- New Act of the Lisbon Agreement Adopted, Bosnia, Romania, Hungary among Signatories
- Ukraine to Introduce Automated System for Deposit of Copyright
- Ukrainian Police Seize 6.7 Tons of Fake Laundry Detergent
- New Law on Customs Measures Enters into Force in Macedonia
- Czech Authorities Seize EUR 13M Worth of Fake Watches
- Montenegrin Customs Seize EUR 650,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 200,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Counterfeit Apparel, Sneakers, Perfumes Destroyed in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Shoes, Bags
- Slovenia: Patent and Trademark Applications Increase, Design Applications Decrease in 2014
- Armenia, US Sign Trade Agreement