Law on Employee Inventions Enters into Force in Romania
The provisions of the Romanian Patent Law No. 64/1991 concerning inventions created by employees have been amended further to the entering into force of the Law No. 83/2014 on the employee inventions on June 29, 2014.
The amendments aim to provide clearer definitions and provisions concerning inventions created by the employees of a legal entity, in accordance with the EU regulations.
The main changes brought by the law on the employee inventions concern the conditions that need to be met in order for inventions to be categorized as employee inventions, the mechanism of allocation of intellectual property rights to employees or employers, their rights and obligations, as well as the criteria for establishing a remuneration for employees.
The implementing regulations are to be amended by the end of August to incorporate the legislation changes.
Prepared by: Roxana Sarghi
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian legal news portal Legestart.ro
Read more news on Romania or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
July 2014 News
- IP Protection in Ukraine and Russia in Light of Crimea Conflict
- Albania Amends Industrial Property Law
- Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova Sign EU Association Agreements
- Various IP Issues Raised at IP Forum in Ukraine
- Expedited Examination of Trademark Applications Abrogated in Romania
- OHIM, National PTOs Adopt Common Communication on B&W Trademarks
- Law on Employee Inventions Enters into Force in Romania
- Expiration of Antonin Holy Patents to Hurt Czech Science Budget
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 0.5 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Armenia Applies for Registration of Domains in Armenian Alphabet
- European Commission Launches Public Consultation on GI Protection of Non-Agricultural Products
- Latvia Informs WIPO of Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Lithuanian PTO Signs Cooperation Plan with EPO
- Albania, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia Join Horizon 2020 Research Program