Roxana’s practice focuses on prosecution and enforcement of trademarks, patents and designs. Her main responsibilities include clearance, registration and maintenance of IP rights in Romania as well as in other jurisdictions in the region. Roxana also handles office actions, oppositions, recordations of changes and revises patent translations. She advises clients from a variety of industries on all aspects of registration and maintenance in multiple jurisdictions.
Roxana joined PETOŠEVIĆ in 2007 as a Trademark and Patent Paralegal and transitioned to the role of Associate in 2018. Prior to joining PETOŠEVIĆ, Roxana was a Key Account Manager at a printing company in Bucharest.
Native Romanian, fluent English and French, basic Spanish
- Faculty of Law, Spiru Haret University, Bucharest, Romania, LLB, 2012
- Ministry of Culture, Religious Affairs and National Patrimony of Romania, Bucharest, Romania, Authorized Translator in Legal Sciences (from Romanian into English and vice versa), 2009
- Faculty of Sociology, AI. I. Cuza State University, Iasi, Romania, BA in Sociology, 2004
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-203 Advanced Course on Intellectual Property, Traditional Knowledge and Traditional Cultural Expressions, 2018
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-202 Advanced Course on Electronic Commerce and Intellectual Property, 2010
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-101 General Course on Intellectual Property, 2007
“Advocate General Delivers Opinion on Louboutin’s Red Sole Trademark”. World Trademark Review Daily. Globe Business Media Group. (July 31, 2017)
“New Common Communication on Impact of Non-Distinctive Elements in Assessing Likelihood of Confusion”. World Trademark Review Daily. Globe Business Media Group. (November 7, 2014)
Contributor for Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan for the publication “Grace Period for Trademark Renewals”. Country Index. S.M.D. Markeur. (February, 2013)
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Indigenous Rights Committee, 2018 - 2019 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Indigenous Rights Committee, 2016 - 2017 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Europe and Central Asia Subcommittee of the Parallel Imports Committee, 2014 - 2015 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, the European Union Subcommittee of the Parallel Imports Committee, 2012 – 2013 Term