- Senior Associate
- Attorney at Law *
Rita handles national, international and European Union trademarks, including searching, filing and maintenance, as well as observations, oppositions, revocations and cancellations. She also handles European Patent validations and the national phase of PCT applications before the Hungarian IPO. Rita represents clients in courts in trademark and industrial design infringement and other judicial proceedings, and works with the Hungarian customs authorities on the surveillance, seizure and destruction of counterfeit goods. She also assists clients in domain name matters and is experienced in drafting Cease and Desist letters, as well as assignment, license and other agreements.
Rita has represented a leading direct selling beauty company and different multinational food and beverage corporations in trademark prosecution matters, while she recently helped a well-known lead glass company to settle various trademark and design infringement disputes out of court.
Before joining PETOŠEVIĆ, Rita worked as a legal clerk at the Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Public Services in Hungary. She also worked as a legal trainee at a law firm where she gained experience in pharmaceutical, corporate, real estate, labor and IP law. She mostly handled infringement cases.
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trademark Litigation
- Design Litigation
- Design Prosecution
- Domain Names
- Internet and Social Media
- Geographical Indications
- IP Enforcement and Litigation
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Advertising Law
- Media and Entertainment Law
- Franchise Law
- Attorney at Law, Hungarian Bar Association, 2016
Native Hungarian, proficient in English, intermediate German
- Eötvös Loránd University of Sciences, Faculty of Law, Budapest, Hungary, LLM, 2010
- Advanced IP Course, thesis "Proving genuine use and the consequences of the lack of use in trademark law", Hungarian Intellectual Property Office, Budapest, Hungary, 2015-2017
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee, 2018 - 2019 Term, 2020-2021 Term