- Junior Associate
Julia’s practice focuses on trademark prosecution and enforcement. She responds to office actions and provisional refusals, negotiates co-existence agreements, handles non-use cancellations actions, recordations and renewals, drafts cease and desist letters and files lawsuits against infringers. She represents clients before the Russian Intellectual Property Office and the courts and works with the Russian customs authorities on the surveillance, seizure and destruction of counterfeit goods. Julia is also experienced in handling domain name transfers and disputes.
Julia regularly writes news and articles on intellectual property developments in Russia and the former USSR region for the PETOŠEVIĆ newsletter, and her texts have been republished by leading international IP publications. She is also an active member of INTA, PTMG and MARQUES and has represented PETOŠEVIĆ at numerous events and conferences.
Prior to joining PETOŠEVIĆ in 2016, Julia worked in the international tax planning department at a Russian law firm.
- Trademark Prosecution
- Trademark Litigation
- Domain Names
- IP Enforcement and Litigation
Native Russian, fluent English and French, basic Spanish
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), Moscow, Russia, MA in International and EU Law, 2015
- Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO University), Moscow, Russia, BA in Private International Law and Regulation of Foreign Economic Activity, 2013
- WIPO, KIPO and KIPA "Advanced International Certificate Course on IP Asset Management for Business Success", 2018
- Russian Export Center JSC "Legal Regulation of Export" Course Certificate, 2017
- Lomonosov Moscow State University "Legal Regulation of Start-Ups" Course Certificate, 2017
- EUIPO Academy Courses, Introduction to the CTM System, 2016
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-101 General Course on Intellectual Property, 2016
- EUIPO Academy Courses, EUTM in a Nutshell, 2016
“Belarus Law on Patents for Inventions, Utility Models and Industrial Designs Amended”. SMD Country Index. SMD Group. (August, 2018)
“RUSSIA: Constitutional Court Clarifies How to Tackle Parallel Imports “. The INTA Bulletin. Vol. 73. No. 9. International Trademark Association. (May 15, 2018)
“RUSSIA: Moscow Arbitration Court Says Parallel Imports Do Not Constitute Trademark Infringement”. The INTA Bulletin. Vol. 73. No. 6. International Trademark Association. (April 1, 2018)
“Impact Of The Upcoming Unified IP System”. World Trademark Review. Globe Business Media Group. (Issue 69, October/November 2017)
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Parallel Imports Committee, 2018 - 2019 Term, 2020-2021 Term
- MARQUES Educational Team Member, 2019-2020 Term
- Organization of INTA policy dialogue "Fighting Online Counterfeits in Russia" with the support of law firms Pepeliaev Group and CMS in Moscow, Russia on September 8, 2017