- Director – Montenegro Office
- Attorney at Law
Jasna handles contentious and non-contentious patent, trademark and industrial design matters, as well as domain name issues. She represents clients before the courts in trademark infringement proceedings and handles other litigation related tasks. Jasna is also in charge of our office in Montenegro.
Prior to joining PETOŠEVIĆ in 2007, Jasna worked on the USAID funded Montenegro Competitiveness Project where she was responsible for public outreach.
- Montenegro, 2013
Native Montenegrin (similar to Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Serbian and Slovenian), fluent English and French
- Faculty of Law, University of Montenegro, Podgorica, Montenegro, LLB, 2007
- "Protecting IP on the Internet in Montenegro", PETOŠEVIĆ Webinar "Internet and Social Media - IP Protection in Southeastern Europe", BrightTALK, March 31, 2015
- "Anti-Counterfeiting Practice in Montenegro", EU-funded Twinning Light Project on the Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Montenegro, October 30 and November 26, 2014
- "IP Rights in Montenegro – What You Need to Know", PETOŠEVIĆ Webinar on Enforcement Strategy in Eastern Europe, BrightTALK, December 1, 2010
“Montenegro IP report: A Decade After”. CEE Legal Matters. CEE Legal Matters. (June, 2016)
“Montenegro Adopts New Patent Law”. World Intellectual Property Report. Vol. 29. No. 9. Bloomberg BNA. (September, 2015)
Contributor for Montenegro to the online “INTA Country Guides”. International Trademark Association. (2014)
“Montenegro: Trademark Law Soon Amended”. Country Index SMD. S.M.D. Markeur. (April 1, 2014)
Contributor for Montenegro on Patents and Utility Models. Rubicon Personal IP®. Rubicon Publishers B.V. (April, 2013)
Contributor for Montenegro to the “International Copyright Law Survey”. Mincov Law Corporation. Mincov Law Corporation. (March, 2013)
Contributor for Montenegro to the online database “Practitioner’s Guide to the Madrid Agreement and the Madrid Protocol”. International Trademark Association. (2013)
“Montenegro Chapter”. Manual for the Handling of Applications for Patents, Designs and Trademarks throughout the World. Kluwer Law International. (February 2013; April 2016)
“Russia’s Presence in Montenegro: What it Means for Trademark Owners”. www.mondaq.com. Mondaq. (September 26, 2012)
“Montenegro case summaries”. The Trademark Reporter Vol. 102 No.2. International Trademark Association. (March-April, 2012)
“Montenegro”. Trademark Practice & Forms. Oxford University Press, Inc. (March, 2011)
“New Design Law Gives 12-Month Deadline to Owners”. World Trademark Review Daily. IP Media Group (February 7, 2011)
“New Trademark Law Gives Trademark Owners 12-Month Deadline”. INTA Bulletin. International Trademark Association (INTA) (January 15, 2011)
Contributor for Montenegro to the online “Country Survey”. Country Index. S.M.D. Markeur. (April, 2010)
Co-author of “Border Measures in Montenegro and Kosovo”. Trademark World Magazine. (May 2008)
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Emerging Issues Committee, 2012 – 2013 Term
- Moderator at INTA Roundtable “Trademark Use – Important Aspects” in Podgorica, Montenegro on November 4, 2014
Jasna Jusić is the Montenegro office director, focusing on trade mark portfolios and domain name issues. She is also prominent in anti-counterfeiting work with national customs authorities, and in other trade mark-related litigation. Chambers Europe 2015
Jasna Jusic is the firm’s leading figure in Podgorica for all IP matters. She provides in-depth experience of the local IP market to a wide range of prominent international clients. Chambers Europe 2014.
Podgorica-based Jasna Jusić is the firm’s main figure in IP. She acts mainly on cases involving trade marks, and maintains a close relationship with the firm’s international client base. Chambers Europe 2013.
Jasna Jusić is the director of the firm’s Montenegro office and a “fast-acting, commercially strong lawyer.”
Chambers Europe 2011.