- Senior Associate *
Ivan works with the Serbian customs, police and market inspectorate authorities on the surveillance, seizure and destruction of counterfeit goods. He also handles clearance, maintenance and enforcement issues for international trademark portfolios in various jurisdictions in Eastern Europe.
Prior to joining PETOŠEVIĆ in April 2010, Ivan worked as a customs inspector in the Intellectual Property Protection Department of the Enforcement Sector in the Serbian Customs administration.
- Serbia, pending
Native Serbian (similar to Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Montenegrin and Slovenian), fluent English, basic French
- School for Officers in Reserve, Military Academy, Sub-lieutenant in Reserve, Belgrade, Serbia, 2004
- Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, Serbia, LLB, 2003
- "Key Developments in the Customs Practice of Serbia", PETOŠEVIĆ Webinar on Customs Enforcement in Southeast Europe, BrightTALK, March 14, 2013
“New Legislation on Customs Measures Enters into Effect in Serbia”. World Intellectual Property Report. Vol. 29. No. 11. Bloomberg BNA. (November, 2015)
- INTA Committee Member, INTA Bulletin Committee, 2018 - 2019 Term
- INTA Committee Member, Government Officials Training Committee, 2016 - 2017 Term
- INTA Europe Roundtable Project Team for the 2016-2017 Term
- INTA Europe Roundtable Project Team for the 2014-2015 Term
PETOŠEVIĆ is highly rated for the prosecution and enforcement of patents and trade marks, and customs enforcement. Former Serbia office director Mihajlo Zatezalo became regional manager (Western Balkans), while attorney-at-law Mirjana Živković was made Serbia office head. Ivan Matić is a highly regarded senior associate. Legal 500, 2018
PETOŠEVIĆ ‘always meets clients’ expectations’ and is ‘excellent’ at managing its resources. Practice head Mihajlo Zatezalo, together with Ivan Matić, advised a global sports brand on design rights infringement, which resulted in the destruction of fake goods. Legal 500, 2017