- Head of Office
- Trademark Agent
- European Trademark & Design Attorney
With more than 10 years of experience in intellectual property, Ivan advises clients on all aspects of IP law, particularly on the clearance, prosecution and enforcement of trademarks in Croatia and other jurisdictions in the region. He advises clients on filing strategies using the national route and the Madrid System for international trademarks, and represents them before the EUIPO and the Croatian Intellectual Property Office and customs authorities. Ivan also handles domain name disputes.
Ivan recently successfully represented Ledo, a Croatian producer of ice cream and frozen food, before the EUIPO Board of Appeal in an opposition, based on the likelihood of confusion, against an EU trademark application by a German confectionery manufacturer. Ivan was also extensively involved in multi-jurisdictional clearance and prosecution projects for a multinational hospitality company, and advised a well-known furniture brand on trademark and copyright enforcement in Central and Eastern Europe.
Before joining PETOŠEVIĆ in 2008, Ivan practiced civil, commercial, labor, and administrative law in Zagreb.
- Trademark Agent, Croatia, 2011
- State Bar Exam, Croatia, 2007
Native Croatian (similar to Bosnian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Serbian and Slovenian), fluent English, working knowledge of German.
- University of Zagreb, Croatia, LLB, 2004
- "Absolute and Relative Grounds for Refusal of Trademark in View of Legislation and Case Law," Seminar on Protection of Trademarks in Montenegro, Podgorica, Montenegro, March 3, 2011
- "Damages in Croatian Trademark Law and Practice", PETOŠEVIĆ Webinar on Trademark Case Law in Eastern Europe and the CIS Countries, BrightTALK, June 5, 2013
“When Deadline to Take Action Before OHIM Falls on Non-Working Day in Other Member State”. World Trademark Review Daily. Globe Business Media Group. (December 4, 2014)
Contributor to “Rule of Law Index 2012 report”. World Justice Program. (December 2012)
Contributor to “Rule of Law Index 2011 report”. World Justice Program. (June 2011)
Contributor to “Rule of Law Index 2010 report”. World Justice Program. (November 2010)
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Enforcement Committee, 2014 - 2015 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Opposition & Cancellation Standards & Procedures Subcommittee of the Enforcement Committee, 2012 – 2013 Term
Commercially savvy attorneys in Zagreb give clients 24/7 care and ensure that work is completed on budget and on time, with no exceptions. Ivan Kos and Anamarija Stancic Petrovic embody this customer-oriented ethos. Kos toils around the clock to provide killer resolutions to even the most convoluted disputes. WTR 1000, 2019
The Croatian team excels at handling trade mark and patent prosecution work for international clients. The team also regularly handles trade mark infringement and unfair competition cases. Ivan Kos and Anamarija Stančić Petrović are recommended. Legal 500 EMEA, 2018