- Head of Office
- Attorney at Law
- Patent, Trademark and Design Attorney *
With over 13 years of experience in all areas of intellectual property, Djakhangir supervises the entire range of contentious and non-contentious work for our clients operating in Uzbekistan. Prior to joining PETOŠEVIĆ, Djakhangir was a partner in a Central Asian regional IP firm and headed its Kazakhstan office for four years.
He also headed the legal department of the Uzbek Ministry of Economy’s Technology Transfer Agency and held legal advising positions at the Uzbek patent and copyright offices. Djakhangir also taught IP law at the Westminster International University in Tashkent for almost three years and was a visiting IP law lecturer in different institutions.
- Advertising Law
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Design Litigation
- Design Prosecution
- Domain Names
- Franchise Law
- Geographical Indications
- Internet and Social Media
- IP Enforcement and Litigation
- IP for Startups (IP2START)
- Media and Entertainment Law
- Patent Litigation and Contentious
- Patent Prosecution
- Strategic Counseling
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademark Prosecution
- Attorney at Law, Uzbek Bar Association, 2017
- Patent, Trademark and Design Attorney, Uzbekistan, 2015
Native Russian, fluent English, intermediate Spanish and Uzbek, basic Tajik
- WIPO Academy, University of Turin – Faculty of Law & International Training Centre for the International Labour Organization (ITCILO), Turin, Italy, LLM in Intellectual Property, 2010
- University of World Economy and Diplomacy, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, LLB in International Law, 2004
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-302 Advanced Course on Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications, 2009
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-202 Advanced Course on E-commerce and Intellectual Property, 2008
- Special American Business Internship Training (SABIT) Intellectual Property Rights Program, Washington, D.C. and New York, NY, USA, 2008
- WIPO Academy Courses, DL-101 General Course on Intellectual Property (in English, Spanish, and Russian), 2006
- “Intellectual Property in Kazakhstan” presentation at the International Intellectual Property Law Association (IIPLA) Dubai IP Congress in Dubai, UAE, January 2016
“Patents in Uzbekistan”, Lexology Navigator Q&A. Globe Business Media Group. (December 2018)
“Kazakhstan amends IP legislation — key changes highlighted”. World Trademark Review Daily. Globe Business Media Group. (September 18, 2018)
“Building an Efficient Innovation System in Uzbekistan” (in Russian). Economic Review. Issue 8, 2012. Center for Economic Research. (2012)
“The Cornerstone of Technology Commercialization” (in Russian). Economic Review. Issue 11, 2010. Center for Economic Research. (2010)
“A Comparative Study of Well-Known Trademark Protection in Italy, Pakistan and Uzbekistan”. Master of Laws in Intellectual Property: Collection of Research Papers, 2009. WIPO. (2009)
- Lecturer in Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law, Legal Systems and Introduction to Business Law (in English) at Westminster International University in Tashkent, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2011-2013.
- Uzbekistan National Consultant for the “Support to Innovation Policy and Technology Transfer” United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Uzbek Ministry of Economy joint project in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2011-2012.
- Visiting Lecturer at the IP educational center of the Agency on Intellectual Property of the Republic of Uzbekistan in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2011-2012.
- Visiting Lecturer in International Intellectual Property Law at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, 2012.