Darko’s practice focuses on contentious trademark matters, including oppositions, invalidation actions and disputes, as well as work with the Macedonian customs authorities on the surveillance, seizure and destruction of counterfeit goods. Darko also advises clients on trademark prosecution matters, and drafts license, assignment and other agreements. He has successfully represented clients from a variety of industries, including apparel, food and beverages, before the Macedonian Intellectual Property Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs, and customs and market inspection authorities.
Darko is also involved in patent work in North Macedonia, including the filing of European patent and PCT applications. In fact, Darko helped a client obtain the first ever SPC issued in North Macedonia.
Darko joined PETOŠEVIĆ in 2008, shortly after earning his LLB from the Saints Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje.
- State Bar Exam, North Macedonia, 2014
- Trademark & Patent Agent, North Macedonia, 2008
Native Macedonian (similar to Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, Serbian and Slovenian), fluent English
- Faculty of Law, Saints Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje, North Macedonia, LLM, 2011
- Faculty of Law, Saints Cyril and Methodius University of Skopje, North Macedonia, LLB, 2008
“New IP-related Customs Measures”. Emerging Macedonia. AmCham Macedonia. (Summer, 2015)
- International Trademark Association Commitee Member, Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee, 2018 - 2019 Term
- International Trademark Association Commitee Member, Anti-counterfeiting Committee, 2016 - 2017 Term
- International Trademark Association Commitee Member, Eastern Europe and Central Asia Subcommittee of the Anti-counterfeiting Committee, 2014 - 2015 Term
- Moderated discussion at the INTA roundtable on the online sale of counterfeit goods, held in Skopje, North Macedonia on October 17, 2014