LLMAnamarija Stančić Petrović
- Deputy Chief Operations Officer
- Patent, Trademark and Design Agent
- European Trademark and Design Attorney *
Apart from her managerial duties as Deputy COO, Anamarija has been skillfully and successfully handling prosecution and enforcement of all types of intellectual property rights for almost 20 years.
Anamarija’s specialization in IP and medicine is advantageous when handling patent and trademark-related matters in the pharmaceutical sector, such as trade secrets and confidential information, supplementary protection certificates, data exclusivity (including issues on biosimilars), compulsory licensing, market authorizations for medicines and medical devices and plant variety rights.
Before her appointment as Deputy COO in 2017, Anamarija was the head of our Croatia office. She is also a long-time member of our operations department and has served on the firm’s management board since 2006. She organized and led various IP trainings and capacity building projects aimed at strengthening our teams and practice in Bosnia, Macedonia and other offices in the region.
Prior to joining PETOŠEVIĆ in 2004, she spent seven years at a leading Croatian law firm as a Senior Patent and Trademark Consultant.
Native Croatian (similar to Bosnian, Montenegrin and Serbian), fluent English and Italian, intermediate Dutch. Working knowledge of Balkan Slavic languages.
- University of London, Queen Mary University of London & University College London, LLM in Intellectual Property Law, 2013
- University of Sarajevo, Music Academy, Department of Musicology, BA in Musicology, 1994
- EPO Workshops "Legal Information about patents", "EPOLINE Electronic Filing". EPIDOS Annual Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2002
- EPO Seminar "Search and Documentation Working Methods at the European Patent Office". DG1, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2001
- BOEHMERT & BOEHMERT, Course in obtaining, enforcing and evaluating intellectual property rights in Europe (Certified), Munich, Germany, 2000
- EPO, INPADOC databases training course (Certified), Vienna, 2000
- EPO, PATINNOVA/EPIDOS Annual Conference, Halkidiki, Greece, 1999
- EPO, Patent drafting Course (Certified), Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1998
Contributor to Croatia Chapter of Manual Industrial Property (MIP) #184. Kluwer Law International. (July, 2018)
“Croatia Chapter”. Manual for the Handling of Applications for Patents, Designs and Trademarks throughout the World. Kluwer Law International. (June 2016)
“Interview with Anamarija Stančić Petrović, Director — Croatia office, PETOŠEVIĆ”. The James Nurton Interview, Alicante News OHIM. (February, 2015)
“Effect of EU Enlargement on IP Law and Practice in Croatia”. Lawyer Monthly Global Expert 2014 — Intellectual Property. Lawyer Monthly Magazine. (2014)
“Croatia”. Trademarks Throughout the World, 5th Edition, Vol. 1. Thomson Reuters/West (November 2013)
“New Laws on Medicines and Medical Devices Enter into force in Croatia”. Law Lore & Practice. Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group. (September, 2013)
“Anamarija Stančić Petrović was interviewed and quoted in ‘Croatia — Joining the European Club’ ”. World Intellectual Property Review. Newton Media Ltd. (August, 2013)
“Is Croatia ready?”. The Patent Lawyer. CTC Legal Media. (March/April, 2013)
“Tightening Up in the Balkans”. World Intellectual Property Review Annual 2010. Newton Media Limited (2010)
Contributor for Croatia to the online “Country Survey”. Country Index. S.M.D. Markeur. (April, 2010)
Anamarija has contributed numeruos other articles on IP-related matters in Croatia that were published in various professional magazines and newsletters, including International Bar Association publications, INTA Bulletin, BNA’s Eastern Europe Reporter, The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc, WIPR, and Computer Law Association’s Bulletin.
She also contributed to the Section on Intellectual Property Legislation in Croatia for the book “S’implanter en Croatie” prepared by Mission Economique de Zagreb and published by UBIFRANCE.
- INTA Committee Member, Europe and Central Asia Subcommittee of the Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee, 2016 - 2017 Term
- INTA Committee Member, Europe and Central Asia Subcommittee of the Famous and Well-Known Marks Committee, 2014 - 2015 Term
- Croatian Chamber of Patent and Trademark Attorneys
The Croatian team excels at handling trade mark and patent prosecution work for international clients. The team also regularly handles trade mark infringement and unfair competition cases. Ivan Kos and Anamarija Stančić Petrović are recommended. Legal 500 EMEA, 2018
PETOŠEVIĆ’s Croatian team has extensive experience before the EU Intellectual Property Office, which it utilised recently to help the ice cream and frozen food producer Ledo win an opposition against an EU trademark filed by Nappo & Moritz. Captain Anamarija Stancic Petrovic took care of this matter and secured victory for Ledo with an assured performance before the Board of Appeal. “She’s a really intelligent, professional and reliable practitioner with plenty of experience.” WTR 1000 Rankings, 2018
‘Thoughtful and hardworking’ team head Anamarija Stančić Petrović provides ‘a fantastic level of service’. Legal 500, 2017
The seasoned Anamarija Stančić Petrović has 17 years’ experience in the field; her strong suits include domain name and design issues. WTR 1000 Rankings, 2017
Running the show, Anamarija Stančić Petrović furnishes clients with know-how and savvy garnered over 17 years of IP experience. Handling clearance and enforcement with equal aplomb, she also boasts ancillary expertise in designs and domain names. WTR 1000 Rankings, 2016
Anamarija Stančić Petrović spearheads the team: “She has incredible knowledge of trademark law and is exceptionally organised.” WTR 1000 Rankings 2015
Head of the Croatian office, Anamarija Stančić has a long track record of handling IP matters, and is commended for her management skills. Chambers Europe 2013