PETOŠEVIĆ PEOPLE: Q&A with Tatyana Kulikova
After 13 years of working in the IP field, nine of which she spent as the head of a trademark department at another Russian IP firm, Tatyana Kulikova joined PETOŠEVIĆ in 2014 as the head of our Russia office, our newest at the time, and she has led the growing Moscow team since then. We asked Tatyana about her hobbies, things no one knows about her, and much more.
1. What did you just finish doing before starting to answer this questionnaire, and what will you do afterwards?
I drafted an opinion for a client, and I hope to go home soon, because it is 8.30 PM.
2. How come you started a career in the IP field?
I was in my last year at university and was looking for any job (I started my career as an administrative assistant). I was ready to accept a job offer from another company but it is fortunate that the IP firm I also applied in was closer to my home, because now I cannot imagine my life without IP.
3. What makes IP protection challenging in your jurisdiction (and how do you overcome that challenge)?
Everything is so unpredictable.
4. What do you most enjoy doing at work?
Everything… I simply love my job.
5. What would you be working in, if you weren’t working in IP?
I cannot imagine my life without IP.
6. What was the strangest job you’ve ever had?
A client came to our office and asked for a second opinion on a domain name dispute. I was impressed by his knowledge of IP. Then he gave me a business card and I realized that he was a porn film producer …
7. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not working?
8. What book did you read last?
Mikhail Pylyaev’s “Old Moscow”.
9. What is your favorite song at the moment?
“Havana” by Camila Cabello.
10. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
11. What was your favorite subject in school and why?
12. Tell us three things most people don’t know about you.
I have no comprehension of left and right; I do not like travelling; I like cleaning, this is my way to meditate.
13. Tell us your top three life highlights.
My first court case in 2001; the birth of my daughter; serious illness of a family member.
14. What would you do if you won the lottery?
15. What is your biggest pet peeve?
This is a secret.
16. What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years?
Not to be afraid of changes in life.
17. What do you wish you could have told yourself at age 13?
Study chemistry better because you will handle patent disputes in 10-12 years!
18. What cities/countries have you lived in?
Russia (Syktyvkar, St. Petersburg, Moscow) and Spain.
19. If you could live in another country of the 30+ countries where PETOŠEVIĆ operates, which would you pick and why?
Ukraine — Kyiv! This city is full of history!
20. If someone came to your city for 24 hours, where would you take them?
Red Square, Tretyakov Gallery and Patriarch Ponds.
Read more PETOŠEVIĆ People interviews.