Živka Kostovska - Stojkovska
- Head of Office
- Attorney at Law
- Trademark & Patent Agent
- European Patent Attorney *
With over 10 years of experience in intellectual property, Živka handles complex trademark prosecution and enforcement matters. She prepares and coordinates anti-counterfeiting and piracy strategies, works with enforcement agencies, customs authorities and appears before Macedonian courts to prevent the infringement of clients’ IP rights. Živka is also involved in patent work in North Macedonia, including the filing of European patents and PCT applications. In fact, Živka helped a client obtain the first ever SPC issued in North Macedonia.
Before joining PETOŠEVIĆ in 2007, Živka worked in a private attorney’s office, primarily on corporate matters, as well as civil and criminal matters in North Macedonia.
- Attorney at Law, Macedonian Bar Association, 2010
- European Patent Attorney, 2009
- Trademark & Patent Agent, North Macedonia, 2007
Native Macedonian (similar to Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, Serbian, and Slovenian), fluent English, proficient Serbian and Bulgarian
- Joint Master Degree Program in Intellectual Property Law - Skopje State University, Faculty of Law and University of Strasbourg, Center for International Intellectual Property Studies, pending
- Faculty of Law, Skopje State University, Macedonia, LLB, 2005
“Amendments to Macedonian Law on Customs Measures Enter into Force”. World Trademark Review Daily. Globe Business Media Group. (July 8, 2013)
Contributor for North Macedonia to the “International Copyright Law Survey”. Mincov Law Corporation. Mincov Law Corporation. (May, 2013)
“Macedonia case summaries”. The Trademark Reporter Vol. 102 No.2. International Trademark Association. (March-April, 2012)
“Waitingforgodot.mk”. ECTA Gazette. European Communities Trade Mark Association. (June, 2011)
Contributor for North Macedonia to the online “International Oppositions Guide”. International Trademark Association. (since 2011)
“Macedonia Adopts Amendments to Industrial Property Law”. INTA Bulletin Vol. 66. No. 11. International Trademark Association. (June 2011)
“Macedonia”. Trademark Practice & Forms. Oxford University Press, Inc. (March, 2011)
“The Challenges of IP Protection in the Balkans”. Emerging Macedonia. AmCham Macedonia. (Summer 2010)
“Macedonia’s New Law on Industrial Property – Wider Protection, Stronger Enforcement”. Emerging Macedonia. AmCham Macedonia. (Spring 2009)
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Indigenous Rights Committee, 2018 - 2019 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Indigenous Rights Committee, 2016 - 2017 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, Europe & Central Asia Subcommittee of the Non-traditional Marks Committee, 2014 - 2015 Term
- International Trademark Association Committee Member, the Europe and Central Asia Subcommittee of the Non-traditional Marks Committee, 2012 – 2013 Term
Živka Kostovska Stojkovska advises clients on trade mark prosecution and infringement matters. She is also well equipped to handle anti-counterfeiting mandates. Sources highlight her as an active player in the field, with one noting: “I had a very good experience working with her.” Chambers Europe 2019
Živka Kostovska Stojkovska offers expertise in trade mark prosecution and anti-counterfeiting measures. She works with clients from the fashion and cosmetics industries, as well as foreign law firms. Chambers Europe 2018
Živka Kostovska Stojkovska advises on trade mark matters across a range of sectors, including food and technology. Chambers Europe 2017
Živka Kostovska Stojkovska is the firm’s Macedonia office director. She is a patent and trade mark agent as well as a lawyer and has particular expertise in anti-counterfeiting. Chambers Europe 2015
Office director Živka Kostovska Stojkovska is appreciated by clients for her responsiveness and strong abilities across a range of IP mandates. She is a trade mark and patent agent as well as a lawyer. Interviewees praise her easy-going approach, willingness to listen and useful advice. Chambers Europe 2014.
Živka Kostovska Stojkovska heads the firm’s Macedonian office and is described by clients as “a fast and efficient lawyer.” Chambers Europe 2013.